- Category: General Information
- Last Updated: 02 October 2017
- Hits: 144
We are aware that users, on some specific platforms, are encountering Wi-Fi drops, slowdowns, disconnects, and packet loss issues, which are related to certain machines containing the Killer Wireless-AC 1535.
We have been working closely with the manufacturer to root cause the issue, and the manufacturers of these machines have been releasing chipset updates to address the problem. In most cases, users are able to resolve this issue by doing the following:
- Update the chipset drivers from the manufacturer’s website, which, in many cases, has been updated as recently as September 2017.
- Update the BIOS from the manufacturer’s website, which has also been updated as recently as September 2017.
- Ensure that the Windows OS is up to date by using Windows Search to search “Windows Update, then clicking Check for Updates, letting it download and install whatever updates it finds, then restarting the machine, and checking again until no updates are found upon a fresh restart.
- If the issue persists, please be sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the Killer Control Center, available here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. The installer should automatically detect your current version of the suite and update on its own, but if you encounter any error, make sure you have the latest installer downloaded, then remove any "Killer" application from your Apps & Features menu (accessible from right-clicking Start), restart your machine, and then double-click the downloaded installer file for the latest suite once your machine has booted back up.
If you are unable to resolve the issue by following these steps, we encourage you to reach out to us here - http://www.killernetworking.com/about/contact - so that we may help you on a case by case basis.
Please be sure to mention what steps you have already taken to troubleshoot the issue so that we do not unknowingly ask you to repeat steps.
- Category: Killer Network Manager
- Last Updated: 28 September 2017
- Hits: 253
The Killer Network Manager is our outgoing performance suite. It is no longer being updated, and does not contain the latest Ethernet or Wi-Fi drivers. We encourage all users of the Killer Wireless-AC 1525/1535/1435, Killer Wireless-N 1202/1103, Killer E2200, Killer E2400, and Killer E2500 to upgrade to the Killer Control Center, found here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. This includes users whose machines came with the Killer Network Manager preinstalled. There is no need to continue using the Killer Network Manager.
For a smooth installation, download the latest Killer Control Center installation package, then uninstall all Killer products from your Apps and Features menu, which is accessible by right-clicking Start, then restart your computer, and double-click the new installation package to install the new Killer Control Center.
The old Killer Network Manager suite is still available for download here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/e2200-e2400-wireless - but will no longer be updated, and may not be fully compatible with future Windows updates, antivirus suites, or other applications that manipulate network data.