- Category: Troubleshooting
- Last Updated: 29 November 2017
- Hits: 615
A few things can cause the Killer Control Center to report error. Following are the most common, and how to correct the issue:
- You have recently updated to Killer Control Center version 1.5.1618. Using this guide - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/faq/58-clean-install-any-driver - to completely uninstall and reinstall the Killer Control Center and the drivers for your Killer network adapter should solve the issue.
- You are not connected to the Internet. Connecting to the Internet with your Killer network adapter should clear this error.
- You recently installed or updated the Killer Control Center and have not rebooted your computer. Rebooting should resolve the issue. Please note that, to restart, you should click Start > Power > Restart, as simply closing the lid, or pressing the power button on many modern computers activates sleep mode, and does not actually power down the machine.
- You are connecting to the Internet using a network adapter other than a Killer product. Our performance suites only work when connecting to the Internet with our products. Be sure that you are connecting to the Internet using the Killer network adapter.
- You are using an incorrect device driver. Updating to the latest suite should resolve that issue. You can find the latest Killer Control Center here - http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/killer-control-center-x64. If you have manually installed a device driver that was not provided by Killer Networking, you may need to manually uninstall that driver first, deleting it from your driver cache, before you install the latest suite.
Please reach out to support, using the link below, if you are unable to solve the issue using the above information.